Friday, January 20, 2006

Progress - 2nd Fabric bought & Pattern Selected

Finally making headway for this costume. I bought a raw silk that's a pretty good color match to the costume, as the dyeing didn't work. It's beautiful and has a perfect weight for the outfit I'm fairly sure.

I also decided to use McCall's 2940 rather than Simplicity 5840 for the robe pattern. They're so close, but the McCall's one has shoulders that start actually on the shoulder, and the Simplicity shoulders start further down the arm, which isn't as accurate. I've got them cut, and plan to create the muslin mock up sometime tomorrow, at least for the underrobe. The epaulettes (which I know is the wrong word for the over sashes but sounds better than 'over sashes' will come after - I'm still trying to figure out the best way to construct them, as they're not as easy as a one peice with hemmed sides. They've got the rolled edges, and need some weight to them to hang down appropriately. I'll get there.

First, the underrobe. But that'll have to be tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home