Sunday, August 07, 2005

A good place to start is at the beginning...

Ugh. This costume has been a labor of love, and I've only done the smallest amount of sewing on it thusfar.

Firstly - the skirt. I got it cut and sewn together, but not the waist yet, as i'm not sure how i want to do it. it's got a bit of a wraparound to it, but the skir tis also somewhat poofed out.

I haven't decided yet how to accomplish that, so it's currently pinned to my dressmakers dummy with my dog sleeping right now on the skirt hem, and my rebel fleet trooper shirt/vest topping it off. Niiice.

I dyed the two different textures of fabric i got to match the images, but the dye didn't work as perscribed, and after two attempts i'm going to use it for something else. Probably still even a Jedi outfit, just an original character or something. Maybe I'll dye it all the way black for Bariss or something. But it's too dark now for this costume.

Next steps - off to buy more fabric and get to work on the top. The skirt I think will be the last thing I do. More progress as it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home